Friday, July 04, 2008

New directions

"A new venture for an old hack"

I've been in marketing for ... oh, far too many years for me to mention here... and in training (in the industry, not 'in training' - you know what I mean!) for more than four years.

So my new venture is at a tangent to training - it's publishing training materials. I'm 'in charge' (though of course I report to the two big bosses - big as important, I don't want to be had up for libel here ladies!) and one of the things I've done is set up a 'partner' web site whilst waiting for my all-singing, all-dancing e-commerce site to be complete.

So - take a look and let me know what you think! www.trainersworld.co.uk. I built it using the totally free Microsoft (TM) Office Live system. It's pretty darn good for small businesses (though not suitable for my e-commerce project).

I'm enjoyin gthe responsibility and the freedom to get on with my own work, but the quantity of work is daunting. I am hiring freelance trainers to help with editing and even have a summer-time assistant.

It's keeping me busy, happy, paid and - in due course - I hope it will be a great success and a real money making enterprise. Darn, shame about the recession (what recession? Yeah yeah, I know - don't talk it into existence, but we can't pretend it ain't here). Never mind, I think I have a good niche market going here, so I'll keep you posted.

No comments: