Wednesday, April 15, 2020

In other news...

The plan for my treatment was originally indicated as surgery. But I spoke to my consultant today, and he has put me forward for radiotherapy.

Normally I'm sure surgery would have been the first step, but as there's a 5% chance of 'leakage' when they stitch your tubes back together, and that would mean a move to ICU, for now that kind of surgery is not first choice. I don't think I'm getting 'second choice' treatment though - my consultant has looked at my scans and decided on a treatment plan that will offer me the best treatment at the current time.

If in future I need surgery, so be it, but I am not too concerned. Although radiotherapy will have some effects, not the least of which will be making me tired, I am likely to recover much quicker than if I had surgery. So, apart from having a ray gun up my backside, things are looking OK.

Photo (C) Clkr.com

Liked this? Try...

Day 21 in the jungle
Under the knife
Kiss away time


No comments: