Wednesday, March 03, 2021

Round two

Gardener mouse from 'Not on the high street'
I have my next chemotherapy on Monday - with the dose tweaked. My consultant said that they will adjust the chemos to minimise the impact, and one of them they can stop if needed. I have to report my  side effects as they start.

In the meantime Sheena has been doing my line care, and taking my bloods. It's quite a process and I lie in bed (with the electric blanket on, mmm) and present my PICC for her to clean and change the dressings. We have step by step instructions from the hospital and a sterile line care kit. I read out the instructions and Sheena does the nursey bit. I think she enjoys it just a little. Makes a change from dog training I suppose!

Whilst I am feeling well I am keeping busy in the garden, building planters and sowing the early veg and flower seeds. But I have a nemesis! I have planted peas three times, and each time they have ended up being a mouse's dinner. I have also fed the mouse squash and cucumber seeds, so it's time for another plan. I've blocked one of the holes into the greenhouse with stones, and put the more delicious seeds inside a propagator. Let's see how smart that mouse is!

Useful links:

Other stories from this blog:

No comments: