Saturday, January 17, 2009

The Family Sheppard


I add another blog to my writing exploits


In 1892 my great, great auntie Elizabeth Mary Sheppard compiled a history of the Sheppard Family of Minchinhampton, Gloucestershire. It's an amazing document - two huge tomes full of delicate hand writing, photographs, pictures and a complex family tree (pedigree). This incredible resource should be made more widely available, especially as so many people like to trace their family histories now. I don't have to do that - I have it all to hand! So I'm going to put up what I can, over time, to help others who may be seeking information on the family.

What I would love is to have the books transcribed, maybe one day. Meanwhile, if you'd like an insight in the Sheppard Family, visit my new blog:

The Sheppard Family History

No comments: